The Sacramento Regional Council's membership consists of Northern California area genealogical societies, historical societies and libraries.
- Facilitate coomunication and cooperation among area genealogical societies and related organizations.
- Provide assistance to member societies such as advice from well-established societies, event publicity and postings on the SRGC website.
- Publish a local area speakers directory and provide it to member societies.
- Provide a list of resources that will improve the operation and organization of member societies.
- Alert member societies to new laws and other news that may impact their operation.
SRGC has traditionally met on a quaterly basis at the Sacramento Family Search Library. However, during the current health crisis, meetings are held via ZOOM at 10AM on the second Saturday of January, April, July and October.