What to Do When Your Speaker Cancels or is a No-Show
- Have a panel discussion on an easy, impromptu topic, such as “My Favorite Websites.”
- Have an audience discussion or “sharing” meeting.
- Have a discussion, questions or share topics prepared and available in advance.
- Prepare in advance a handout outlining the topic or questions to be discussed.
- If you have a speaker amongst your membership, ask that person to be an emergency back-up.
- Show a genealogy or history-related DVD or video.
♦ Must have video equipment available.
♦ Purchase several videos to hold in reserve. Videos also may be available at the public library.
- If an Internet connection is available, do a live website demonstration.
- At seminars with multiple classes, redistribute the attendees to the other classes.
(Compiled by SRGC representatives – 2010)